Emerson Academy will be closed
Monday, September 1, 2014 for Labor Day!
We'd like to thank you all for another wonderful summer at Emerson Academy! Splash days, field trips, gardening and new baby goats have been among the highlights! As always, it will soon be time for our hardworking and dedicated summer staff to return to high school, college and other endeavors. Although we have enjoyed working with them and hope to have them back next summer, in the coming weeks you'll begin to see new faces in your child's classrooms. Our new teachers are excited to get to know you and your children! Please feel free to introduce yourself, ask questions and get to know them as the fall semester begins. We're all looking forward to a year full of learning and growing together!
The Emerson Foundation has registered as a charitable organization with AmazonSmile. Once YOU register as a supporter of The Emerson Foundation, the organization receives a percentage of every purchase you make...directly from Amazon! It's quick and easy to sign up! As always, thank you for your support!
The mission of Emerson Academy is to provide
exceptional early education for children of all abilities.
Emerson Academy is a non-profit child development center serving Round Rock, Pflugerville, Hutto, and the surrounding communities. Emerson provides an inclusive learning environment where ALL children can learn and grow together. From our highly trained staff to our literacy-based and developmentally-appropriate curriculum, Emerson Academy gives exceptional educational opportunities so that every child may succeed.
What makes Emerson Academy unique?
- Locally operated so that staff know each child and family
- Low child-staff ratios allow for more interaction and attention for every child
- Highly qualified staff members who are educated and trained to work with children of varying needs and abilities
- Miniature horses, goats, and other animals children care for and interact with regularly
- A garden where the kids learn responsibility and about nature by growing and tending to their plants
- Fully inclusive program where children with and without special needs learn side-by-side
- ADA accessible classrooms and playground that provide safe enviornments for ALL children to thrive
- Developmentally appropriate, individualized instruction that supports every child’s unique social, emotional, intellectual, and physical needs
- Family involvement is encouraged through school-wide and community events as well as regular collaboration between teachers and family members
- MUSIC TOGETHER: Emerson Academy offers Heartsong Music Together to all ages of children, including infants.